ShAFF 2013 - Biggest and best yet
Thank you to all our sponsors and partners, film-makers, volunteers and the staff at the Showroom Cinema and Workstation for helping us make the 2013 Sheffield Adventure Film Festival the biggest and best yet.
We've produced a short video report for sponsors and partners featuring the trailer soundtrack 'Summer Somewhere' by Sheffield six piece Screaming Maldini which our brilliant videographer Matt Kerfoot has integrated into footage of the the band singing live.
There's a general release version without the stats & graphics:
You can also download our sponsors report in pdf format here:
Stills images by the very talented Jake Thompson from LW Images are on our facebook page.
These are a few of the key figures:
- Now in its 8th year, for the past seven years 100% of the audience said they’d come back again and recommend it to a friend. ShAFF 2013 was our best ever year with a 29% increase in ticket sales – that means our ticket sales have trebled over the past three years. (2013 – 3,753 - 29% increase; 2012 – 2,908 - 44% increase; 2011 – 2,024 - 77% increase)
- 23% of visitors stayed in Sheffield because of the festival for 1.8 nights each. That’s 1,554 bed nights.
- 3,300 people visited our Workstation Exhibition Centre making the MyOutdoors' gallery the UK’s biggest outdoors photography exhibition this year.
- 150+ piece of media coverage
- 20,000+ unique website visits
- 32,000+ trailer views
Analysis of feedback by 300 of our visitors showed ShAFF visitors say being a festival sponsor:
a. Effectively gains my attention and increases my awareness of an organisation? 89%
b. Provides a more positive image of the organisation? 94%
c. Increases the premium image of the organisation? 83%
d. Encourages me to buy or use the sponsor’s main products/services? 78%
“Last year ShAFF was good, this year it was in a totally different league. You expect great films, it's in the name, but with the takeover of the Workstation and the addition of the open-air cinema it achieved the kind of feel you get at Kendal that this is something BIG, feeling as though the whole city centre is ShAFF." Dave Mycroft, Managing Editor, MyOutdoors. (Read the full review on MyOutdoors)
“For me, Saturday demonstrated what can be delivered when two parties pull whole heartedly in the same direction.” Robbie Henderson from Red Bull on Cityscape Cinema
"I think they're a really good way of getting youngsters into doing something active. You see a film, you're inspired, you go out and try something. Yes, we're already talking about next year - doing something bigger, so we're already thinking about it!" Alistair Boyd, Castleton Youth Hostel manager
"We've got our logo up on the majority of films, we've got the stand and been able to bring the bike in. It's been such a great experience we'd like to do it again next year without a doubt. The atmosphere, the people and the quality of films has been brilliant." Martin Rescorle, owner of Over-Ride Cycleworks, Shalesmoor, Sheffield