Trail & Fell Running Workshop
11AM to 3PM SUNDAY 12TH OCTOBER - SOLD OUT
A half day workshop & GUIDED RUN with the fell running guide
In association with Trail Running Magazine
THIS IS SOLD OUT - EMAIL LISSA@HEASON.NET IF YOU'D LIKE TO GO ON A RESERVE LIST
A practical session based with Fell Running Guide David Taylor in the Peak District's beautiful Goyt Valley. You'll be joined by Trail Running magazine writer Sarah Ryan and BAF speaker Sim Benson, co-author of Wild Running. The session will include coaching advice and the chance to practise a number of skills including:
• running efficiently over various types of terrain.
• how to improve your uphill and downhill technique.
• different types of training methods.
• navigation skills for trail and fell running.
You will also get the chance to discuss and share advice on nutrition, clothing, footwear and equipment for trail and fell running and also find out about local fell races.
The workshop will include a guided run of approximately 5 miles.
WORKSHOP ONLY - EARLY BIRD (til 26 Sept): £20 (full price £25)
UNI DERBY STUDENT DISCOUNT (proof of student id will be requested) £10. (Limited to 4 places)
RUNNING PACKAGES - WORKSHOP + HALF PRICE ENTRY TO BAF RUNNING TALKS:
Workshop + 1 run talk £25 (or £30 from 27 Sept)
Workshop + 2 run talks £30 (or £35 from 27 Sept)
Workshop + 3 run talks £35 (or £40 from 27 Sept)
Book your package via Event Brite - if you're booking (a) running talk(s) please remember to select which one.
Dave is a very experienced local fell runner who has won individual and team medals in the British and English Fell Running Championships and completed tough challenges such as the High Peak Marathon and the Paddy Buckley Round.
In addition to his personal running experience he is a UK Athletics coach specialising in Fell and Mountain Running and a qualified Mountain Leader and so is able to offer advice on a whole range of subjects related to off road running.
Dave works as a coach and running guide. Find out more on his website Fell Running Guide
You will need
- Suitable footwear, i.e. trail or fell running shoes with a good grip.
- Waterproof jacket & trousers, hat and gloves.
- Snack i.e. flapjack, chocolate bar etc.
- Bumbag or running rucksack.
- You will need to provide your own transport or share with others for the short journey (approx. 10 minutes) from Buxton to the Goyt Valley.
- There are showers available at Buxton Swimming Pool next to the Pavilion Arts Centre. Entry is £1.20 (or £3.30 if you also wish to swim).
You don’t need to be super fit to take part, as long as you have a reasonable level of fitness. There will be plenty of rests and the run will be done at a steady pace.
Places limited - booking essential
12 places maximum.
We will confirm meeting location when you book.