7AM SUNDAY 12TH OCTOBER 2014
ADVENTURE/TRAVEL PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP
WITH TOP PRO, LUKASZ WARZECHA, LW IMAGES
THIS SESSION IS SOLD OUT - PLEASE EMAIL lISSA@HEASON.NET IF YOU'D LIKE TO GO ON A RESERVE WAITING LIST
Aimed at enthusiastic amateurs and aspiring pros, world-class adventure and travel photographer Lukasz Warzecha will share his secrets for capturing that perfect moment in this early morning photography workshop in the heart of the Peak District. Learn about how Lukasz gets the most out of every situation and the top tips and tricks to getting the best possible shots in the narrowest of margins.
WORKSHOP ONLY: £25 (including free access to Poole's Cavern, normally £9 and breakfast roll + tea/coffee)
WORKSHOP + TALK: £30 includes entry to Buxton Adventure Festival Life of A Pro Photographer talk (normally £10).
Places will be limited to an absolute maximum of a dozen people.
Click here for Photography Talk + Wanderlust Magazine Travel Talk package. (Hear pro photographer Lukasz Warzecha's talk at the Pavilion Arts Centre at 10.30am, then Phoebe Smith & panel's Travel Talk at 12.15pm).
Starting at sunrise at the summit of Grin Hill, Buxton's very own folly Solomon's Temple is one of the town's most distinctive landmarks and enjoys spectacular views across the High Peak. Looking beyond the impressive Dome of the former Devonshire Hospital (now the University of Derby) and the dignified sprawl of Buxton, in fine weather you can see for 24 km (15 miles). On the horizon, look out for Mam Tor at Castleton, and Kinder Scout, which at 636m (2,088ft) - is the highest point in Derbyshire and the Peak District.
Then take a journey beneath the earth to explore and photograph the vast limestone caverns of Poole's Cavern where crystal stalactites and stalagmites have lined the chambers over millions of years. You will have the cavern entirely to yourselves, as it does not open to the public until later in the morning. Finally, review your photos over a breakfast in the Peak in the Cavern cafe.
What will be covered:
- Getting the best out of your camera and equipment
- Choosing the angle/camera position
- Improving your techniques
- Advice on editing/post production
- Chance to test other equipment – e.g. lighting, carry cases etc…
- 7am Photograph sunrise at Soloman's Temple (sunrise is 7.26am)
- 8am Poole's Cavern will open especially for the workshop with a free bacon butty breakfast at 9am.
- 10.30am Lucasz' Talk 'Life of a Pro' (part of Buxton Adventure Festival) at the Pavilion Arts Centre, Buxton.
- Note - we will email you details of where to meet and contact telephone numbers.
- We will kick off with a welcome introduction to set out the plan for the morning and to discuss the aims of all students. The majority of the workshop will be practical photo-shoots.
- The locations have been hand-picked by the team to give both the best scenery and ease of access so we don’t waste time carrying heavy kit around!
- Throughout the sessions Lukasz will be on-hand to give you practical advice and instruction to improve your photography, whilst ensuring your safety at all times. Instruction will aim to cover a wide variety of subjects from creative image making, composition, different lighting scenarios and of course how to maximise your camera and equipment to get the best possible pictures.
- We will round-up with a feedback session and review of the images over breakfast with a chance to discuss editing and post production techniques.
- You will be required to bring your own camera with you (we advise that you bring everything you would usually carry with your for a day of photography). You will also need a laptop or other portable device to download and process your images.
NOTE - for longer, more in-depth photography workshops throughout the year, please visit LW Worx
Group size is limited to 12 as this makes it possible for the LWimages team to offer personal attention and maintain safety throughout.
The price does not include:
- Transport to and from the workshop locations
- Travel insurance and personal insurance
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
Over the past five years Peak District based Lukasz Warzecha (LW Images) has carved out a formidable reputation as one of the top adventure photographers in the world, living everyday life by his own words that 'This is the most exciting time to be a photographer ever! From documenting the UIAA Ice Climbing World Cups, shooting portraits of Reinhold Messner at the London's Royal Geographical Society or mountain biking in the Outer Hebrides (cover story of The Guardian Travel) to filming short feature films (his ’Sub-Zero’ EpicTV series has reached over 2M views) his work spans across a whole spectrum of outdoor activities. Over the past couple of years he has photographed on four continents on assignment for National Geographic, The North Face, WL GORE, Mountain Equipment, Petzl and Black Diamond (among others). Find out more...